This recipe turned out delicious. It started out like most of my dinner adventures do, with me surfing all of my go-to recipe websites for ideas. Rarely though do I ever actually make a recipe the way I find it online. This one was no different. But it turned out phenomenal. The basil and lemon are an excellent combination together. Make sure to get bone in skin on free range chicken breasts for this one. The flavours absorb so well in the meat.
- Preheat oven to 400 deg. F
- Rub the chicken breast with salt and pepper.
- Roughly chop garlic, onion and basil.
- Take all ingredients except for 1/2 of the chopped up onion and puree with a hand mixer, add water to make the puree more consistent.
- Put the chicken in a square casserole dish. Add the remaining chopped onion on top. Pour the puree on top of chicken and make sure meat is evenly coated.
- Put chicken in the oven, cook for 45min. – 90min. depending on the size of the breasts.
- Once the skin starts to get crispy, take some of the sauce and spoon over top a fewtimes during cooking.
- Make sure chicken is cooked to a minimum internal temp. of 165 deg. F.
- While chicken is cooking, chop potatoes in half and toss in a bowl with 1 tbsp of avocado oil, salt, pepper, rosemary and lemon juice. Shake around and make sure potatoes are evenly coated. Spread on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and put in the oven for 30 min.
- Chop the bottoms off the sprouts and toss in a bowl with mustard, avocado oil, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Make sure sprouts are evenly coated and put on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and cook for 30 min. or until sprouts are slightly squishy.
18 ozs Chicken Breast Bone In
4 Cloves Of Garlic
1 Yellow Onion
1/4 cup Avocado Oil
2 tbsps Soy Sauce
1/2 tsp Black Pepper
3 tbsps Lemon Juice
1/2 tsp Sea Salt
1/4 cup Water
20 ozs Baby Potato
1/4 cup Rosemary
1 tsp Garlic Powder
20 ozs Brussels Sprouts
2 tbsps Dijon Mustard I recommend smakdab white wine herb mustard